At the end of April, I attended a woman's retreat. The theme was Sabbath and Celebration and we were encouraged to find ways to bring back rest and joy to our lives...just as God commands us. With this in mind, I've been looking for ways that our family can slow down to rest more and spend more time building relationships along with taking time to enjoy simple joys that surround us. I'm excited to say I see our family doing this in many ways already...for example...
Last Friday night as we finished up dinner, we heard an airplane outside so we all went out to see it. After the plane was gone, Nathan spotted the sprinkler and hose and asked if we could play with it. It was warm out so Matt said "sure"! We all had a blast! We took the time to "play" together as a family....and were given laughs and smiles overflowing!
I'm so thankful I have a family who loves being together and finds joy in simple things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment