Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting Ready for Grace's Birthday

Our sweet Grace will turn 3 on Sep 18th ... I realize that is 3+ weeks away ... but we have started working on her gifts. These strips of material below are going to be part of her birthday dress ... which I'm so excited to be making out of only material found in the scrap container!

And these two pictures show Nathan's gift for Grace ... teabags for her tea set.
Last year for her birthday, Nathan gave Grace a tea set. They LOVE to "make tea" for all of us to enjoy and come up with the most interesting flavors! Nathan wanted to make the tags of the tea bags different colors depending on the flavor ... listen to his flavors ... gold - peach, orange - mandarin orange, red - raspberry, pink - strawberry, green - broccoli, blue - blueberry, and purple - grape. I had to laugh at his flavors esp. broccoli ... but I love helping my children be creative and nurture their imaginations! (and these tea bags were also made from scraps we had)

This is not my original idea ... I saw a picture of homemade tea bags on this blog and adapted it to supplies we had. I love sharing ideas!


2 comments:

Cody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Pittsburgh Hites said...

I can't wait to see her dress Ang. I miss talking to you friend!! We just got back from Orlando Sunday and i've yet to have time to catch up on your blog! Looking forward to reading more!!