Monday, August 30, 2010

Prediction for Winter


Last night, while we were all playing outside, we found a few "wooly bear" caterpillars. I don't know how much truth is in this story ... but I remember finding these fuzzy friends when I was little and my grandparents would tell me that the black parts represented hard winter and the brown meant light winter.... in the order on the wooly bear. As you'll see in the picture, the ones we found were black, lots of brown then black at end. The farmer's almanac would agree ... predicting an easy winter. We'll see!!



2 comments:

Cody said...

All the woolly bears we found last year were all black and boy was it a BAD winter so maybe it's right!!

The Pittsburgh Hites said...

We had a woolly bear last year, we had to bring him inside and he lived for almost a month. Ours was mostly black last year as well! Great post Ang!
I got your email, and will get back to you in the next few days. We're all pretty sick, and I'm only online to keep myself awake while Greg makes dinner. I have a few ideas for you to play with!!
Miss you friend!