Thursday, September 9, 2010

Homeschool Preschool for Nathan

Titusville School District has a great half day K4 program for four year old children. As Matt and I prayed, we felt like the best place for our children to be was at home with me. So we opted out of this program for Nathan and I am homeschool preschool with him.

Today is day 3 ... I'm still on VA teaching time ... we started the day after Labor Day! Nathan can't get enough of it so far. We are having school for 45 minutes each morning after breakfast, getting dressed, etc. This week, we are working on his name, making a circle and finding it in our environment, rhyming words, and family. Each day starts with calendar and weather ... which can teach so much! Plus each week I am picking a book to read each day and do a different literature activity with it. This week we have read If you take a Mouse to School by Laura Numeroff.

The PreK teachers at the ECLC in town were so gracious and gave me their scope and sequence for the year ... so I am making sure we cover what they are each week plus adding in skills I think we should be doing. They focus on an author each month ... so we are reading books by that specified author together with Grace before naptime.

Here's a peek at our "school" area!

No comments: