
When I'm wanting or needing a gift, my first thought is "what can I make" ... I love to give homemade gifts. I feel like I'm giving so much more than the actual gift when I give something I make ... I'm giving part of me and lots of love. I'll admit that I like too that homemade gifts are one of a kind and usually cost less ... often I can make a gift from something I already have.But I always wonder if other people (family especially) that are frequent receivers of my homemade gifts think ..."oh no Angie made us something again ...act like we appreciate it!" ....
What are your thoughts on homemade gifts ?
Above are two homemade gifts I made for upcoming parties ... the chipboard book is for a friend's baby shower this weekend that is having her fourth baby ... the pillowcase dress is for a friend's little girl that will be celebrating her first birthday later this month.
5 comments:
as you know - i love the chipboard books - and my sister n law loved the one i made for her :) I think homemade gifts never get old if the thought is specifically meaningful for the recipient... and creative. speaking of which i may have an idea for you!
I think homemade gifts are great. It let's the person know you not only wanted to give them a gift, but you put time and energy into it. Instead of just rushing off to the store to pick something out. I think it's more sentimental.
Ummmm, as a receiver of your home made gifts I just have to say, YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL, THOUGHTFUL, LOVING SOUL and your gifts are FABULOUS!!
You made my week with the new scrubber this week!! I have been giving homemade gifts all summer, so I'm REALLY hoping people like them, lol!
LOVE THEM!! Love to give them and love to receive them!!
Homemade gifts are waaay better than store bought. I only wish I had the talents/time to make them myself.
Post a Comment