It was hard for me to pick "highlight" pictures from this past year because we are blessed with so much joy! But here are some ...January included a alot of reading (we all love to read), playing in the snow, and trying to keep Grace out of the cupboard (she climbs on the counter from a bar stool with spoon in hand in search of the peanut butter). I also started crocheting every chance I got ... making hats for children with cancer in Pittsburgh ... the crocheting has continued.
February brought the winter olympics and creative fun for our family as we "ice skated" with paper plates taped to our feet throughout the house.
We celebrated Nathan's 4th birthday in March John Deere style.
April brought spring, Easter and so many smiles, but the best part was our trip to Florida to visit Great Gramma ... and see dolphins (the one thing Nathan wanted out of our trip).
In May, I expaned my bread making to bagels and english muffins. But camping with my dear friend Cody and her family at Raccoon Creek State Park for Memorial Day weekend was the highlight of May for me!
June started our summer with Matt home ... and included many trips to a creek to find crawfish and salamanders among other summer outings like the zoo and beach.
In July, Matt and I celebrated our 10th anniversary with two nights at a B&B along with canoeing down the Allegheny River. July was also full of the frog jumping contest, parade, and a lot of family get togethers!
August included a camping trip with our awesome friends the Ayar's family and the Crawford County Fair.
September brought Grace's 3rd brithday which we celebrated in simple Raggedy Ann style. And Nathan's sunflower reached guestimated 8ft and full bloom.
In October, we bought our new home .. and the "fixing up an old farmhouse" began. We worked a lot on the house but took time for fun in the fall leaves (and the kiddos are modeling their winter hats that I crocheted for them).
November was filled with more work on the house ... but we took a great trip to Ayar's family home for Thanksgiving together. It was so good to get away and spend time with them. Matt, Jon and the kiddos spotted a flock of turkey outback of their house. And Matt "caught" (according to Nathan and Grace) his first buck on the first day of deer season.
December brought the first snow that would stay ... and has kept coming ... I can barely keep Nathan in the house ... he loves to shovel snow! We moved into our new home less than two weeks before Christmas ... and enjoyed a simple, homemade Christmas together!
I am so blessed to look back at 2010 reflecting on all the joy God gives us and His faithfulness! I hope you enjoyed reading about our reflection of 2010.
1 comment:
It was the highlight of my May too!! Miss you so much my dear friend!!
Post a Comment