Sunday, March 17, 2013

Super COOL Day

Friday, the kids and I had the opportunity to join a local homeschooling co-op.  We were blessed by Lydia Heagy sharing with us her heart for China, about her trip last summer and her upcoming 2 year trip.  Nathan was especially touched by this!  We enjoyed Chinese food for lunch and then headed to the library with the group for a tour.  Here comes the coolest part ...

When we were leaving the library on this windy winter day, we saw an old woman slowly walking down the sidewalk struggling to carry her groceries.  God tug on my heart so I went over to her asking if we could help her carry her groceries home.  She was so excited!  I pulled Nathan and Grace out of the truck and told them we were going to help this woman carry her groceries home.  They did not even hesitate ... went over, told her their names and each grabbed a bag.  We talked with the woman as we slowly walked the 2+ blocks to her house.  When we got to her home, she tried to give me money and I declined sharing that we just wanted to show God's love!  She said that it would mean a lot to give my kids something so she gave them each $2.

Ready for it to get better?  As we are walking away, the kids said we could add this money to our Florida fund (we've been saving gift money and money I've made from orders since September and leave Friday for FL) ... but then we talked about how we helped this woman to bless her and how we could use this $4 to bless someone else ... Nathan and Grace quickly said we should give the money to Lydia for her return trip to China.  We had to stop by Lydia's family farm on our way home because that is where we get our milk so we told Lydia about helping the woman, the money she gave us and that we wanted to give it to her.  She was blessed ... but I don't think as much as I was watching God use my two little ones!!