Thursday, May 23, 2013

rhubarb pie for our neighbor


 
Grace and I spent the afternoon last Friday making pies.  We made one for Aunt Kathy to celebrate her 60th birthday and one for our neighbors.  Nathan and Grace wanted to take the pie to our neighbors so I fixed it nicely in this basket and they carefully headed across the road ... Grace said she was "Ma" from Little House on the Prairie.  A few minutes later, Nathan came running in the house hysterical ... they had made it half way up our neighbors long driveway and the pie fell out of the basket top down in the driveway ... and the photos above tell the story! 
I was proud of myself for not flipping out and comforting my children that it was just a pie and it was ok.  We at the bottom crust and remaining filling. ha!  Aunt Kathy got hers in one piece.

No comments: