We have been learning about classical composers this year
through the Classical Kids audio series.
We focus on one composer each other.
So far, we have learned about Tchaikovsky, Beethoven,
Handel, Bach, and Mozart.
We have several classical cds in our collection so I play
the composer of the month during the day while
we are learning, playing, cleaning ...
In February, we attended an Erie Chamber Orchestra
concert with two guest violinist. We chose
this concert because pieces from Handel and Bach were
going to be performed. We all LOVED it!
And the best part, Nathan and Grace got to meet the
lead violinist for the orchestra after the concert
and he showed them how to play the violin.
(and I didn't have my camera!!)
But since the concert, Grace has made a paper violin
and sets up her music ... then plays to us.
She loves when I put on the pieces by Bach that
were played at the concert for her to play along with.

No comments:
Post a Comment