Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February highlights

A couple weeks ago during our weekly library visit, our head librarian asked if I'd ever heard of "hygee" and briefly explained that it is a Danish custom of hibernating, slowing down and appreciating the little things during these winter months...like playing games, baking, craft projects, enjoying a hot beverage slowly, having people over for dinner and taking time to visit.... I smiled and told him this was my dream life!  But as I pondered over this quick conversation and thought about the things that make me feel content and smile ...it is those things.  We are constantly striving to live hygee ... to choose kairos time instead of chronos, being present in the moment and not rushing...and to live in eucharisteo, being aware of God's goodness in all things especially the little things and  giving thanks!

So here are my highlights from February...as I give thanks for slowing down
and living in these every day special moments!



Baking chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting for our Spanish teacher, Miss Alice's 86th birthday ...because peanut butter is her favorite! And spending the afternoon visiting her at the nursing home.


My sweet girl who after hearing Pastor Roy share about our church collecting sheet sets and blankets for local families in need ...decided on her own that she could make a blanket ...got out her biggest ball of yarn...crocheted a chain as wide as her bed and started a blanket!
And my mom taking her to purchase more yarn.
They also came home with two large skeins of yarn for me to make more prayer shawls.
I am currently knitting a prayer shawl...a ministry through our church.


Coloring dates with Grace!



BOTH my children devouring books!
Grace is hooked on Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew.
Nathan has been sucked into Sugarcreek Gang.
And I'm reading right along side them enjoying books by Janette Okes currently.



Making springerle cookies with Nathan.



My children deciding they wanted to try whittling ...after a cut finger, 
Nathan decided to watch a "whittling for beginners" youtube video.





No comments: