June was a busy, hot and dry month ...
but thankfully, the kids had ways to cool down!
sibling water battles
and we cleared a path so they can get to
a swimming hole in the creek
Grace participated (and LOVED) in a
week long soccer camp.
We all finished up this crazy school year strong.
Nathan did fabulous with his first year of high school.
We sold homemade breads at church raising
money for the ABC Life Center.
We've enjoyed a couple picnics and concerts in the park.
I love that one of the many peony bushes from my grandparents' farmhouse is planted here in my flowerbeds ...and even more excited that I finally found a good home for it and was rewarded with 4 beautiful blooms. (the blooms are winding down in the picture)
Nathan is now able to help Matt with splitting our winter wood. He feels so "big" and proud that he is helpful with this task now.
We picked a few (ha! 72qts) strawberries to freeze and eat fresh! YUM!!
And while the boys work on the yard and firewood... Grace and I work in the gardens!
I love summer!
June was extra busy for us and we slid into July at the same pace, but I'm hoping we slow down and have some much needed relaxing and renewing time this summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment