Saturday, September 4, 2021

August (lots of fun but not so many pictures)




We spent the first week in August at Chapman State Park
near Warren.  We tent camped, hiked, went geocaching,
and enjoyed the lake.


We found 5/7 geocaches!


Grace and I have been painting rocks this summer.
She had fun puting rocks in the geocache boxes
and around the campground for others to find.


And it was HOT while we were camping so the beach area
and lake were visited daily!


Friends from Warren came one evening for a lovely visit.

One of the things Nathan wanted to do this summer was ride
the Titusville bike trail all the way down and back.
So on a beautiful summer day, we went on a family
bike ride ...9+ miles down, picnic at end, and 9+ miles back.
{Our bottoms were a tad bit sore after that ride!}

And that is where the pictures end but not the fun!

The kids and I got to hang out with some friends ...
Grace and I spent an afternoon at Anna's swimming and visiting.
Nathan learned all about the fun of pop-its and cherry bombs at Lance's house.
Alsdorfs came here for a nerf battle and popcorn bar snack.
Lance and his family also came over one afternoon for a nerf battle/capture the flag
and freeze pop snack.

We enjoyed a couple campfires {with smores of course}
and watching the sky for shooting stars.

A couple HOT afternoons spent swimming/playing in the creek
and trying the many different flavors of freeze pops.

The kids and I spent a day at the Crawford County Fair with my mom.
(Matt was back in school so he couldn't go, but don't fret I made sure to bring
taffy home for him!)  Grace still LOVES all the animals at the fair!  And 
Nathan's favorite is still the fair food.  Our ice cream cones from the
Dairy Barn ice cream place were HUMUNGOUS and oh so good!

And now we are all back to school.
Matt went back on the 18th, me and the kids on the 30th
As much as I felt like summer went WAY TOO FAST,
it was refreshing this week to get back to our routine of the school year.


 

No comments: