Sunday, February 6, 2022

January Winter Wonderland

 Come join us in Winter Wonderland!

Look what's adorning our front door!
A friend has been taking stained glass classes
and made us this beautiful cross.


January has been cold, sunny and snowy - 
WINTER in Northwest PA!
I much prefer this type of winter weather
over overcast, wet, and muddy like we've
had the last few years.


We've had a mix of inside and outside activities.
We've played family snow football, gone
hiking, and done a lot of shoveling!

(family hike at Trolley Line Trail - Erie NWR)

We upgraded the puzzle table from a card table
to our 6ft folding table because the puzzles
have increased up to 2000 pcs.
Grace is our puzzle master, but
Nathan has helped too!


Five puzzles were completed in January!






This winter, Grace and I are working on 
finishing incomplete projects
and trying something new.

Grace's something new is paint parties
on youtube.  She has completed three.
(My new project is knitting socks ...
I haven't started yet!)



One of Grace's incomplete projects that has
reached complete status this month is
this paint by number horse
which is now hanging in her bedroom.


One of my projects to finish were sewing
the pairs of mittens that I had cut out.

I decided to keep this pair for myself.


But the other pairs were part of this project
that Grace and I had been working on off and on
for a year ...10 scarves, 10 hats, and 10 pair
of mittens to donate.



Grace and I delivered our donation to the
Erie City Mission and were excited with
the opportunity to tour and learn ALL
that the mission does to help God's people!


And we made Christmas cards ...
yes, we know it is January!
In December, we saw a news feature about
Plantscape Greenhouse in Erie area
that collects handmade and store bought
Christmas cards all year long.
They have them set out for patrons to sign
throughout the year and then they 
are sent to soldiers that can not be home
for the holidays.
We wanted to be part of this so
we made a dozen handmade cards and envelopes.


How are you enjoying this season?

No comments: