April was full for our family!
We were intentional in participating in events that
helped us celebrate Easter in a deep, meaningful way!
Maundy Thursday communion service
Cross Walk and Passion of the Christ movie on Good Friday
Sunrise service (outside at our church at 6:30 am in the snow)
Easter celebration service
Risen movie on Easter afternoon while we nibbled on our chocolates
Easter Sunday is our reason for HOPE as Christians!
We read The Case for Easter by Lee Strobel together.
And I tackled this 400 page book The Day Christ Died.
(I read the first part years ago before Christmas, only 100pages.
And finally read the second part!)
Powerful books!
And Grace and I used old Easter hymns to make
cards doodling sunrises on the envelopes.
There have been a lot of people in our church family
in need of help. So I've been making meals for families.
Plus I made these loaves of zucchini bread
and turkey pot pies to be put in the church freezer
to use as needed. I'm so blessed to have food to share!
I finished my first pair of knitted socks!
And I've continued my experimenting with sourdough
making amazing cinnamon rolls, tortilla shells,
and hamburger buns!
We are tackling a big job on our "someday"
list ...clearing this section of sumac trees!
Matt and the kids have been enjoying trout fishing
and been quite successful!
We've put 21 trout in our freezer for meals.
Over spring break, Nathan spent two days participating in
online and in person First Aid and CPR classes.
This is something he's wanted to do for a long time!
And Grace spent a day at our local vet shadowing
as she is interested in becoming a vet!
AND ...we got chicks!
Grace has been wanting chicks since her Little House
on the Prairie days ...so about 8 years.
We finally took the leap!
Grace is definitely Mother Hen!
She has named them all...
Anne, Lucy, Isa, Laura, Penelope, Emma!
(book lovers - can you guess where her names came from?)
She cares for the chicks who are still inside.
But she also holds them, talks to them and takes
them outside on warm days.
We are in the process of turning one of the horse stalls
in our barn into a chicken coop.
BEFORE
TRANSFORMATION BEGUN
We also spent over 5 hours walking along our
2.5+ mile stretch of Cloverdale Road picking up trash.
Our neighbor gave us old feed sacks to fill then we tied
them off and left them alongside the road. He came
along with his truck picking up the bags
and threw them in his dumpster.
Good team work to help care for God's beautiful creation!
And these spring flowers that decorate my kitchen table
make me smile!
The new life that comes with spring is such a refreshing
reminder of the new life we have in Christ!
I am praying that each of you experience the hope and
joy that come from this new life in Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment