We received this Christmas card in the mail the other day. As I opened the mail that day, I was also trying to make sure dinner didn't burn, Nathan didn't "hug" Grace to the floor and lay on her giving her kisses, and that Grace didn't escape up the steps or into the bathroom...so as I quickly glanced at the front of this card, I thought "That's a fun Christmas tree layout showing various names of Jesus."....but my breath was taken away as I opened it up and read...
He is the only thing that matters!
He is the only thing that matters! Look at the card and read that again...let it sink in. Our family is really striving to worship God more fully and give more of ourselves this holiday season...instead of getting sucked into the shopping, parties, places to go, people to please and losing focus. We have been spending time each day teaching our sweet little ones about the birth of Jesus. We have worked hard making the majority of our gifts and are going to visit with an elderly shut in couple... giving of our time. I was so encouraged by this card...as it put into words what I hope our lives are showing. I pray that you have been encouraged by it too. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment