Nathan is telling us about baby "esus", His mama and dada and the men who brought him presents. And he doesn't forget to tell us about the star.
It's that wonderful time of the year ... and teaching Nathan and Grace about the birth of Jesus makes it more wonderful than ever before. Our hearts just melt when Nathan tells us about "aby esus". We have been blessed with a "Getting Ready for Christmas" toddler advent devotional that we've been reading every evening at dinner and with the Little People nativity set which Nathan and Grace love to play with plus we use it to tell of the birth of Jesus.
I cleaned like crazy last week and rearranged the livingroom getting our home ready for the Christmas decorations to make their way down from the attic. Matt and I got them down yesterday afternoon while the kiddos napped...putting everything up except Nathan and Grace's personal ornaments. When they were both up from their naps (and during the halftime of the Steelers' game...obvious by our outfits), we helped them add their ornaments to our tree. Nathan's new ornament this year is a train (imagine that!) and Grace's is a ladybug. Nathan made sure to put his tractor from last year and train from this year right next to each other. Grace tried to rearrange the ornaments last night so we'll see how she does today.
We have decided to not send out Christmas cards...but I'll post an online Christmas wish from us closer to Christmas day.
Time to go put on my new (I'm so blessed!) Casting Crowns and Mercy Me Christmas cds! I LOVE Christmas music and the kids and I listen to it all day long!
May the peace of Christ be yours this holiday season!


No comments:
Post a Comment