Monday, December 13, 2010

Pruning

Part of us moving back to Northwest PA was to slow down and simplify our lives ... something we feel God wants for our family. As we get settled into our new home, we are taking more steps to reach that...as I unpack, I am praying asking God to show me what "stuff" to pass on to others ... and we've also decided to not have tv or internet. We feel like God wants us to cut out things that are distractions so we can focus more on loving each other, building relationships and serving God ... more intentional living. These decisions are not easy for us ... definate pruning occuring! But we know that obeying God will bring peace and blessings ... and we serve a faithful God!
But wait ... don't delete our blog address from your favorites! I plan to keep the blog updated when we visit my mom who has internet (where I'm at this afternoon). But please friends, be more intentional in calling or writing or visiting!

2 comments:

The Pittsburgh Hites said...

I miss you even more already friend...it's been such a tough month, and I so wish we were closer. I could use some Angie Belle time....

Johanna said...

I think your idea to simplify will be wonderful for your family..but I'm very happy that you will still be blogging :)