Simple. That is our hearts' desire. Moving into our new home less than 2 weeks before Christmas forced us to be simple. And I'm thankful. We hung our stockings. Decorated our tree with a few ornaments. No party. No gormet meal. Simple. And we enjoyed it!
Homemade. All of the gifts we gave this year were homemade. We gave Nathan and Grace each a special pair of pjs and slippers I made. Grace is wearing her new slippers and giving me her new "smile" for the camera. I had fun making Grace some new pretties for her hair and felt food for their play kitchen. Nathan was thrilled with his construction play mat and new apron. Other family members received painted slates, aprons, knitted dishrags, homemade bagels and jams, handprint calendars .... I love giving homemade gifts ... giving of ourselves!
Christmas. And most of all ... we celebrated Christmas. Happy Birthday Jesus! Reading the Christmas story every night. Advent calendar. Little People Nativity. (played with non stop!) Making gifts for baby Jesus. Singing. Praying, Thanking God for this best gift! Praying for all who sent us a Christmas card. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment