Saturday, September 24, 2011

herb contest

This summer, I had breakfast meeting for our MOPS leadership team. We were all bringing a breakfast food to share. I wanted to make a protein and use items I had. So I looked at what was in my garden and came up with this quiche. I received many compliments on it! So when I saw a "cooking with herbs" contest in a cooking magazine my mom subscribes to, I decided to enter this recipe ... we'll see how it does, but here's the recipe if you'd like to try it....


What's in my garden? quiche

1 small white onion, chopped

1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced

1 T. olive oil

1 large tomato, diced

2 T. fresh basil leaves

1/2 c. mayonaise

1/2 c. milk

2 eggs

1 c. shredded mozerella cheese

1 10" deep dish crust OR 2 8" pie crusts



Sautee onion and zucchini in olive oil until tender. In the meantime, whisk the mayo, milk and eggs together. Add cheese and vegetables. Stir and pour into crust(s). Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

No comments: