Matt and I got into running short races (from 5-10K) a couple years before Nathan was born. When Nathan was a baby, I trained pushing him in the jogging stroller and ran an 8K race before I became pregnant with Grace. But haven't run a race since then .... almost 5 years. So when I saw this for women only 5K race on flat and beautiful Presque Isle in Erie, I decided to get myself on that treadmill and run it! I worked hard getting myself back to running and got to a good 2 1/2+ miles ... then the week of the race got sick from an absessed tooth swelling like I had a tennis ball in my cheek ... I had no energy and could eat only things like yogurt and soup. The dentist had me come in Friday (race the next day) for an emergency root canal, but couldn't do it because I was still too swelled. He said if I felt up to it, I could run the race. I was determined despite the wind, 40 degrees and heavy rain ... and being sick that I WAS GOING TO RUN this race ... and I did. I slowly ran all 3.1 miles ... 5 minutes slower than my goal, but I finished it. The kids ran the last little bit with me! yeah!!
ps. I had the root canal Monday and am feeling much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment