Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Jar on our Table


On our kitchen table you will find a jar and a World Vision gift catalog.  It has been there since mid summer.  Nathan and Grace have added pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters they've found or been given by grandparents.  Grace put her birthday money in it.  They also put the money in it from selling gourds from our garden.  And I'm putting money in it from orders for homemade items.
We want to live simply so we can give more and expect less ... and bless those who truly need!
We will not be making a Christmas wish list or gift list ... instead we'll be giving each other and our extended family the honor of a donation in their name giving a family in need a chicken or a goat or school supplies or medicine ...
I want Nathan and Grace to grow up wanting less worldy treasures but more heavenly treasures.

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

Matthew 25:40

Posted by Picasa

No comments: