Monday, September 23, 2013

Celebrating Grace ... her Little House on the Prairie party


Did I mention, Raggedy Ann now has a calico dress, apron and sunbonnet ...
made by my mom for Grace's birthday gift?

We traditionally celebrate birthdays on the actual day with the four of us and grandparents.  Well ... Matt had back to school night on Grace's birthday this year.  But he had a break from 3:30-6 ... so I took Grace to Erie for a date with Daddy.  They went for a walk to a local florist and picked up her birthday roses, had a picnic dinner and hung out.  She loved it ... she loves her daddy!

Then on Sunday, we had her celebration with grandparents.  We surprised her with a buckboard wagon ride at a local farm ... an hour watching her smile as we enjoyed a beautiful ride through the country.
 

Then when we came back home, we had a bon fire, fiddle music, and dancing as requested by Grace ...
just like they do on Little House mommy!

We prepared a festive snack table with food items that they enjoyed in Little House ... popcorn, apples (but I put carmel on ours), heart shaped cakes
(made from a recipe in the LH cookbook),
licorice sticks, gum drops, rootbeer and cider.
 

Matt's parents along with my mom joined in on all this fun ... a birthday celebration my little girl who daily plays Little House will not soon forget!  And I smile!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: