...we'll be in flight to Peru. wow! I can't believe it is almost here ... we've been planning and preparing since April! Here's what we've been doing these last few weeks to get ready ...

We've been learning Spanish ... Miss Alice graciously gives of her time every Monday and Friday teaching us how to converse and share the gospel in Spanish. (She was a long term missionary in Columbia.)

We've been learning Spanish ... Miss Alice graciously gives of her time every Monday and Friday teaching us how to converse and share the gospel in Spanish. (She was a long term missionary in Columbia.)

I was blessed to receive these dishrags in the mail last week from sweet Joanne and Ms. Marjorie in Richmond. My friend Sharna added 10 more to the pile and I had a few made ...
to bless the woman of Peru with.
I have also been working on scrubbies to give with each dishrag ... 36 sets total.

Friends, family, and church family have donated jump ropes, cars, fingernail polish,
personal care items, coloring books, crayons and more for us to take.
Our homeschool co-op collected coloring books for us to take.

And I have been stocking up on healthy snacks to take ... the custom in Peru is to eat lunch around 3:00 and dinner around 9:00 ... so I want to be prepared with snacks for my family.

Our family snacks will go in our suitcases or carry on bags. But all the other items got packed Sunday into extra suitcases we filled with "blessings" for the people of Peru ... and we'll leave the suitcases for children at the orphanage to use for their dresser.
We are getting so excited as the time quickly nears. And I am so incredibly blessed by all of you that are a part of this trip with us! ... prayer support, financial support, help making or buying items for us to take, help with our fundraisers, teaching us Spanish!! Thank you!!



No comments:
Post a Comment