
Mass Distribution Day
This day was advertised to the public ... they came and came and came!
People came being carried from children to a woman over 100 years old.
We gave away ALL 100 of the wheelchairs that were assembled the day before.
The people all gathered in a large room and were spoke to, then one at a time, they were registered and evaluated by a doctor to determine if they truly needed a wheelchair.
Next they went to a tent out in the open common area to hear the Gospel and were prayed over.
Then came receiving a wheelchair and having adjustments made so it fit well.
Our team all had different "jobs" during this day.
Some of our team shared the Gospel and prayed over people.
Some gave out personal care kits, Bibles and reading glasses we had brought to bless others.
Some adjusted the wheelchairs.
And our family blessed the people with a children's area.
We set up tables with coloring pages and crayons on them.
Matt would blow up balloons and toss them around ... these were a hit!
We gave the moms dishrags and scrubbies and the kids dolls, dresses (I even tried to give a little boy a dress), their own crayons/coloring book, matchbox cars ...
But most of all, we played with the children and loved on the families!!

I had made this crocheted lap blanket to take with us ... for that person God showed me needed it.
And this sweet lady was so blessed with it and it warmed her cold frail legs.

Nathan helped giving Bibles to people ... he has a deep LOVE for the Bible and people in need ...
so he was so blessed to give these people Spanish Bibles. "La Biblia para usted"

This is one of my favorite stories ... after these two children received their wheelchairs, their moms
pushed them around in a circle (a victory lap) ... the little boy grinned from ear to ear saying "Beep Beep!" as he was pushed around. LOVE IT!!

Nathan and Grace so easily made friends with the children we came in contact with ...
and did an amazing job showing God's love!! I'm so proud of them.

I thought I would feel sad and be emotionally drained at the end of this day ... it is hard to explain ... I was saddened by the children that will never run and play and the adults who relied so much on another ... but I left this day feeling abundantly blessed by the people's love for us and the depth of their gratitude!
I am fuller!






No comments:
Post a Comment