ok. Let me preface that ... I get really nervous with winter bad roads
especially with Matt driving 1 hr (on a good day) each way for work ...
through the snow belt of Lake Erie...
but I do love the beauty of fresh fallen snow, slippers, hot drinks,
"stick to your bones" meals, and extra time inside.
Winter gives me a break from the demands of gardening and preserving our food.
Winter gives me time for inside projects like sewing, scrap booking,
crocheting, reading, trying new recipes and more ...
My winter project time begins after the holidays, but this project
was a Christmas friend gift so I made it early.
Wool Dryer Balls
I've played with dryer balls over the last couple years.
I was excited to finally be making 100% natural ones from
wool batting
which I separated into long strips (wool roving)
and wound into tennis ball size balls...
placed in a tube sock and tied in between balls
so they didn't felt together...
thrown in the wash machine with towels for a
hot water cycle ... then dried on high
with the same towels...
and here are the finished dryer balls!
100% wool dryer balls save you money ...
no more dryer sheets
shortens time for clothes to dry
(the bouncing creates more air flow and wool absorbs moisture)
plus no more chemicals from the dryer sheets
I am blessed that God has brought me to a place of embracing each
season and not fighting the change of seasons.
I'm excited to share what projects I work on this winter with you!
And I'd love to hear and see what you are making ... leave a comment/link!
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment