Wednesday, February 26, 2014

pom pom garland, "read" bunting, and more

Nathan and Grace both love love love books and reading.
So we decided to do a few "improvements" to their 
rooms giving them a cozy area to read.
I want to encourage independent reading
and their love for learning!


For Grace, I made this book pocket that
we put on the wall by her bed along
with a reading buddy ...owl cuddle pillow.



And just for fun, I made this pom pom garland
to hand in her doorway.
(also working on one for our Christmas tree like this)



For Nathan's room, we let him pick out a "chair" ...
we found this bean bag college chair at Walmart.
I made the "read" bunting to hang above the chair.
We rearranged his room so the chair is next
to his bookshelf.  He reorganized his bookshelf
so the two bottom shelves are all history books ...
shelved according to a timeline he put on the shelves!
(good thing Matt and I had lots of children's
history books for our childhood and teaching 
because this boys loves to read about history!)


Nathan also loves maps.  I had this US cloth map
in my classroom so I dug it out of my school stuff.
And we found the world cloth map at JoAnn's.
We put those up on the wall by his bed.
And Nathan loves to draw pictures and make
road signs so we put up this bulletin board
above his desk so he has an area to display
his creations!


READ ON!



No comments: