After going on the White House garden tour during our family fieldtrip to D.C. in April, Nathan was curious if they grew cucumbers in the kitchen garden ... his favorite fresh vegetable.
So he wrote Mrs. Obama this letter ...
(I blocked out our address ...)
And last week, he received a response from the White House.
Needless to say, he was super excited and went right to
town reading the letter to himself with sister looking over
his shoulder calling out words she knew.
(I made him pose for this ... I don't usually carry
my camera to the mailbox with me.)
He has requested that we put this in his keepsake box. Smile.
I love homeschooling my children and being able to foster
their learning and curiosity!




2 comments:
So do they plant cucumbers?
The letter did not say! Ha! Ha! We assume so because a recipe for cucumber soup ... "one of Mrs. Obama' s favorites" was included with the letter.
Post a Comment