Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving friends!
This year looked a little different for us.  We canceled our traditional Thanksgiving plans, wanting to spend this time with Matt's dad.  Matt's mom hosted dinner.  I took my homemade rolls and pies.  Matt's brother, wife and baby came up from VA.  Grace took a dish of her homemade pickles. (made from cucumbers she grew this summer)  Nathan read this Squanto story at the dinner table before our daddy prayed a blessing over our family and the meal.  
We enjoyed a nice meal and time together!
Matt's parents were blessed by having their two sons, two daughter in laws,
and three grandchildren with them for this special day.






... and we got to meet Cousin Luke for the first time!


After dinner, we all gathered in the livingroom with football on ...
although not many were watching.
Grace cuddled with Papa and both were ready to fall asleep.
Matt and I cuddled while he watched football and I crocheted.
Nathan settled in with a new Boxcar Children  book.
Matt's mom, brother and his wife studied the ads
preparing for black Friday shopping.
But we were all together!


No comments: