in an effort to
WORSHIP FULLY,
SPEND LESS,
GIVE MORE and
LOVE ALL
we have adapted the "way we do Christmas"
We give mostly homemade gifts.
We donate to those who truly need!
Matt and I don't give each other gifts ... instead use that money to bless others.
Our children receive a few items in their stocking and
three gifts (just as baby Jesus did).
[to share ideas: This year, they will each receive a box
of books ... some new, most used...a coupon for a family
bowling outing...and a hat/scarf set I made them.]
We make an effort to give more of ourselves as the true gift.
We look for ways to "give Christmas away".
Advent Family Time
This year, we felt we needed to do less outside of our home,
and focus more on WORSHIPING FULLY...
so we took a break from Live Nativity, cookies for Food Bank,
making hats and coats for tree at church, etc.
and are focusing our efforts on Advent as a family.
We have been very blessed so far by Ann Voskamp's
I also want to take time to make more Christmas
memories at home with my children.
In an effort to encourage you, I plan to post weekly about how
we are celebrating this Advent season
and what homemade gifts we are making.
This week, we pulled out Christmas decor and books.
Matt "put together" our tree one night
and we decorated it together the next night.
It was nice decorating over the span of the week!
I made this pom pom "garland" last winter
(after Christmas) to coordinate with
the tree skirt I made a couple years ago.
Nathan and Grace receive a new ornament
for the tree each year representing
something from the past year.
I bet you'd never guess that their ornaments
this year have to do with American History...
Grace - covered wagon for Westward Expanion
Nathan - Civil War hats and flags
(a lady here in town makes personalized ornaments)
We enjoyed hot chocolate and English toffee
while decorating... along with Christmas music.
As particular as I am about many things,
I'm totally ok with our Christmas tree
being a "kid tree" ... the kids put most
of the decorations on and had so much fun!
"ta da!" ... our PERFECT tree!
notice ... my kids like to cluster their ornaments
Each claim a section of the tree.
And I smile!









No comments:
Post a Comment