Saturday, December 27, 2014

Grandparent Gifts

Nathan and Grace made Grandparents gifts this year
on top of the ornaments I posted about earlier.
We investigated ideas and together
decided on projects.
(I must say, I was challenged by letting the kids
make gifts ... not because they didn't do a great job,
but because I wasn't sure if they'd get done!
But they did and grandparents were blessed!)


Pine cone wreath for Gramma.
Grace collected these cute little pine cones from
around our front row of trees this summer.
We looked at different ideas for gifts made with them
and decided on this burlap and pine cone wreath.
(It looks beautiful handing on my mom's fireplace!)


She also made coasters for Gramma and Papa.
Grace loves to hand sew and Papa had commented
that coasters made similar to this for Great Gramma
worked really well ... so Aunt Kathy (who
made the ones for Great Grarmma) taught us
what to do and Grace worked and worked
and worked on them ... with a little help from mommy!
(note the choice of colors ... wink!)



Nathan has really developed as a writer through second
grade and now the first half of third grade.
He wanted to put his stories and poems together in a book
as his gift for Grandparents.
He worked hard to finish his last story in time for us to
organize his published stories and poems, plus
add a front cover and table of contents.
We took the gathered items to Drake Printing and
had these two books made.
He was so proud to give them to his grandparents!


And for Miss Alice (our 83 year old Spanish teacher)
who is like a great gramma to Nathan and Grace....


Grace knitted this red scarf ...
and Nathan and I made a pin out of 
a felted flower I made ...
which matches the scarf quite well.


I'm definitely hoping my kiddos want to make 
gifts for Grandparents again next year!


No comments: