We love celebrating birthdays around here.
We don't do a big party ...
but lots of little things that mean a lot!
We love birthdays because it is a day
set aside to celebrate the precious life of
that family member and the joy
they bring to our family!
This past year, I've really seen Nathan grow!
He is no longer learning to read ... he now reads to learn.
He is a bookworm ... staying up way after bedtime
to sneak a "few more pages" in before Matt and I
come up to bed!
He has learned so. much. information.
from reading. He has become a mini encyclopedia!
Nathan has really begun to look to Matt for
approval and thrives on daddy's attention!
He has started to show an interest in sports ...
especially basketball! They have had
so much fun watching March Madness together!
(Matt is a sports lover, but has been awesome
in not pushing our kids to follow his love!)
Nathan has started a list of things he wants to do
with daddy this summer when Matt is home
on summer break. The first project on the list
is to build a catapult.
He continues to display creativity in his play
and projects. Gracie is still his best friend
and playmate! Exploring has become a favorite
for these two curious ones.
He is a talker (unlike his daddy!)
and will sometimes ask me if he talked to much
after we have chatted with someone.
What I'm proud of most ... he continues to be a
giver and helper! He can't get enough of God's Word
and wants to share it with others in creative ways ...
this winter, we made hats and scarves on the
knitting looms ... added some personal care items
and scripture cards ... giving these bags to homeless
men we saw in Erie at the library.
We are proud of our boy!
And so we had an OUT OF THIS WORLD celebration!
Our table was made into the black universe with stars
and the solar system.
(We had made this solar system model for school.)
The kids made toilet paper tube rockets
for each person attending birthday dinner.
The outfit I made Nathan for his birthday.
Birthday dessert ... jello planets, NERDS asteroids, and star cookies.
Birthday boy!
For his birthday dinner, Nathan chose "brinner"!
Breakfast for dinner. We had waffles, bacon,
cheesy eggs, hashbrowns and fresh fruit!
Oh, don't forget the apple cider!
Nathan with Papa and Gramma Colwell.
Nathan had a wonderful birthday, but the best part for him
was that Papa was here! (In early February, we
didn't think Matt's dad would be alive at Nathan's
birthday let alone well enough to travel up from Florida!
God is good!)
Our family.
(the flash on the camera was blinding us all!)
Nathan with my mom, Gramma Pieper.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)










2 comments:
What beautiful birthday celebrations! Lovely photos of the birthday boy.
I love his choice of 'brinner' - breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, too.
Your celebrations always inspire me. It's Jasper's birthday on Friday - I've just printed off another photo for his birthday banner. :-) And I'm so pleased Matt's dad was able to join you.
Oh my gosh!! I can't believe how big he is! Glad to see all is well. I'd love to get together sometime!
Post a Comment