Here is my beautiful 8 year old daughter!
This summer, Grace has become a mama's girl.
(The kids and I were t-boned by a bigger truck
this summer totaling our truck ... but only giving
us scrapes, bruises and soreness ... Praise God!...
Grace has not wanted to be far from me since
this accident.)
Her confidence and ability with reading and
writing has really improved!
She loves helping me in my homemaker tasks
because, in her words, "I'm learning to be
a good mommy!" And one day, as we took
clothes off the line, told me I'm the best mommy
that she knows. (smile!)
As much as I'm a country girl, Grace loves
"pretty things" to wear ... old fashioned dresses,
long silk gloves, parasols, antique clip earrings,
purses, and "heel high" shoes.
She can often be found curled up on her
bed hand sewing a creation of her own design
or crocheting.
Little Mommy and Little Women are her
current favorite books.
God surprised us with a piano this summer.
Grace has declared that God gave it to us for her.
She can't wait to start lessons.
We plan to this fall.
But best of all ... this girl continues to grow
in her faith in God. She sings worshiping
Him all. the. time. Grace is a giver and has
such a gentle caring heart!
And we love her dearly!
We spent her birthday celebrating this love!
Grace enjoys drawing and painting so we had a
"little artist" party for her 8th birthday.
She takes her sketch pad and pencil
with her "just in case she sees
something pretty"!
We made little easels from craft sticks and
Grace drew a picture for each person
coming to her birthday dinner.
We used them as place cards.
Eight light pink roses (which mean "grace")
for Grace from Daddy!
For her birthday dinner, we did
"make your own masterpiece" pizzas.
(Nathan was sneaking some of
the toppings!)
Chocolate chip cookie artist palette for dessert.
Gramma and Papa Colwell with birthday girl
our family
birthday girl with Gramma Pieper
(side note ... I make the kids a special outfit to wear
on their birthdays. I made Grace the purple
beret and sweater she is wearing in the shots
at the beginning. But it was in the 80's Friday
on her birthday ... unusually warm for this time of
year here. So she wore the dress my mom made
her for her birthday gift Friday evening for her
birthday dinner.)
























4 comments:
Thank you for sharing your family with me. Beautiful pictures and little girl. I can't believe Grace is growing up so fast. Thanks again. Love to all. Diane
It's been too long since you've been to Mechanicsville!! Your children are growing fast!! Loved seeing the pictures and hearing the news!
They are growing up so beautifully! I love you and your precious family! Thank you for including me in the updates!
I love reading about your family's birthday celebrations. Beautiful photos of Gracie. And I'm so happy you're all well! Have a wonderful day.
Post a Comment