Saturday, February 11, 2017

a glimpse of our Saturday

Hello there friends. I thought I'd give you a glimpse of our day today...

This morning, I woke up before 6:00 to clanging in the kitchen
and a hubby still in bed with me.  Grace was up, putting away dishes,
set the table with placemats and good dishes, and cut up fruit for a fruit salad.
And...wanted me to help her make a special breakfast ...
so after making coffee, we made homemade sticky buns.

After our special breakfast, the kids listened to Kids' Corner on FLN, our Christian radio station.
Matt hauled wheelbarrows of wood to the basement.  I cleaned up from breakfast, made a pot of corn chowder and a batch of whole wheat rolls. As Kids' Corner ended, the radio announcer shared about this man. Nathan came down to tell me ...even though I'd heard in the kitchen. So we looked up about this news story and Nathan set to work writing Mr. Wiitamaki a letter including some Valentine jokes for him to decode.  My heart smiles!


When Nathan took his letter out to the mailbox, he noticed some "cat" tracks on our side porch and around the house in the snow.  He and Matt got dressed and went to investigate.  They followed tracks in our yard deciding we had visits from a possible fox, squirrels, deer, and rabbits. Then they went for a walk into the woods. (Matt has his gun just in case he had a good shot at a squirrel ... the kids want to make squirrel stew ...not so much mommy! And Nathan has his play Civil War gun ...to be like daddy!) My heart smiles!


While the boys were away, I decided to tackle my craft/sewing area ...also known as our guest room!
A lot had been put in this room to be dealt with later ...including lots of yarn from recent projects!
After things were tidy and taken care of, I decided to tackle my mending which ended up taking me most of my afternoon/evening.  I really should do the mending more than once a year!
But I had company!  Grace, as one of the ladies from Little Women (not sure which one she was today...it changes daily...thankfully I'm always "Marmie"), joined me in sewing.  She was working on a dress (making it up as she went) for Leah...her "big girl doll" she got for Christmas. 
My heart smiles!


And then while the kids were getting their showers, I finally got to my original sewing goal for today ... Valentine gifts!  I made Grace two double sided head bands.  And Nathan loves his travel size pillow that he's slept with since he was a toddler ...and it is falling apart...so I bought him a new travel pillow and made a baseball pillowcase for it! My heart smiles!


And now I'm on the blog sharing this day with you all because I'M BACK on the blog!
Happy Day!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Welcome back.

Lucinda said...

What a blessed Saturday! :)

Megan Liesinger said...

So fun to read about your day and see your smiling faces!