Wednesday, May 23, 2018

April's GIFTS

April brought GIFTS that fill my heart with JOY and GRATEFULNESS!

A spring break where the weather kept us inside
creating TIME TO REST, READ, PLAY GAMES
and enjoy each other was a gift!

Teaching my children to SERVE OTHERS
and watching them do it with eagerness to bless
and no grumbling but joy was a gift!


We spent a morning helping sort
and organize clothes at our church's
Free4All clothing ministry.



Picking up trash along our road as a family
was a gift!

My uncle who was estranged from the family until the last 5 years,
stopping by my home, unannounced, on a Sunday afternoon for 
A VISIT with his lady friend.  
Knowing my home and family are welcoming...
making others feel loved and comfortable here...
is a gift!


My children, on their own and separate from each other, 
wanting to GIVE GIFTS to all the AHG and TL leaders
not just their own. (Grace made the leaders knitted dishrags.)
Total gift to me!


Making two prayer shawls...one for a mom of teens who has cancer 
and the other for a young mom was lost her baby while in labor at 40 weeks.
The Sunday that I brought the second shawl to church to be 
prayed over, I was given 2 Walmart bags of yarn from
someone who didn't know I had just made those shawls.
God REPLENISHED MY YARN SUPPLY like the widow's
oil and flour in I Kings.
What a gift ...giving and receiving!

We are blessed!
We get to bless!
This is happiness!

No comments: