July was a really. hard. month. and absolutely amazing at the same time!
God showed up in a BIG way!
I found myself with my first tick ever at the end of June.
(Each of us has had one, 3 for Nathan, this summer.)
A week later, I found myself feverish, tired, and achy ...
pushing myself too hard or so I thought.
Three days into being sick, getting worse and a
bulls eye on my leg ...I got tested for Lymes and began
treatment. I was REALLY sick, in bed, for almost a week
with high fevers, pain, no energy and more.
This was the week leading up to when we were committed
to direct at Camp Judson. As I lay on our bed unable to do anything
but pray ...I felt so humbled that God had mighty things planned
to do through us ...through us ...imperfect us ...at Judson
and Satan was trying to stop us from going.
Matt asked friends and family to pray.
So many did!
Sunday came and we went to Judson.
I was so not 100%, but we went trusting God
and making some adjustments to our plans.
AND GOD SHOWED UP IN A BIG...
REALLY BIG WAY!
We have directed for 5 years and campers have never, never
opened up with soft hearts to receive from God like this!
(wow! Tears are being choked back as I write about this ...
two months later!)
And I had energy (2 hr naps every day helped!)
to press into the campers' lives...
loving them, having fun, answering questions,
guiding them, praying for them...
GOD SHOWED UP BIG!
HE gave me the strength!
And let's just say, the rest of July was filled with a lot
of naps and a tired plus sometimes crabby mommy!
I still get tired easily but am doing MUCH better!
No comments:
Post a Comment