I am continually surprised and blessed by the
learning opportunities and experiences that
God gives us!
One of our librarians' husbands has shared his
love and knowledge of geology with us ...
and now has taken Matt and the kids
(I opted to stay on the ground since I get motion sick!)
for a flight over Titusville and our home
in his plane.
For school, we have continued to learn about World History and
our human bodies. We are really enjoying listening to and
independently reading autobiographies.
We've also researched how to write your own life
story and the kids are writing their own autobiographies!
(Kisses from Katie was a favorite!)
Grace and I have continued to help with our church's
prayer shawl ministry.
My mom helped us and we took fleece blankets that
were donated cutting and edging them,
embroidering and sewing patches to
add a personal touch.
Grace and I both have been crocheting additional
prayer shawls.
(Here is Grace with one she made.)
The kids have also been loom knitting baby hats
for our local pregnancy center.
made by Grace
made by Nathan
And I am working on knitting/crocheting a few
projects for myself ...gasp!
I knitted myself a cowl neck scarf the weekend
we were snowed in then these slippers.
Now I'm working on ear warmers
and I have lovely alpaca yarn
waiting to be made into a poncho.
We've been enjoying time to work on
puzzles and play games!
And we had fun sled riding as a family on Blueberry Hill!
January has brought snow, cold and wind, but we
are embracing this time to play in the snow,
learn, work on inside projects, play games/puzzles,
and snuggle up with a warm beverage.
(We ended the month with a lovely day celebrating my birthday!)
No comments:
Post a Comment