I did it! I caught up on 2 yrs worth of
Focus on the Family and Citizen
magazines and told Matt to not let me sign
up for a subscription again!
They are great magazines ...I just
can't stay on top of reading them
when they come ...obviously!
As I was finishing up the magazines, I ran
across Resistance Women by Jennifer Chiaverini
at the library ...a 600 pg historical fiction book
about WW2 time period ...so it is on my nightstand now
with a book mark slowing moving along...
about pg 250 as of last night when my eyes couldn't
stay open any more.
I have a few sewing projects on my winter project list.
First up ...new curtains for my "horse lover".
Grace wanted curtains that would cover her whole
window at night ...then she ties them during the day
to let the sunshine in.
In one of those Focus on the Family magazines was
an idea for making Valentine cards for the widows/widowers
in your church family. So I asked our pastor's wife to
help me make a list and the kids and I made and mailed 24
sweet Valentine cards!
For our family Valentine's Day date, we had a nice meal
on Saturday afternoon then used the fondue pot I got
for Christmas enjoying a chocolate fondue.
Nathan and Grace had never had fondue so this was
exciting for them. While eating our dessert, we
took turns reading the "love notes" from our
Valentine Jars. This was a precious time as a family!
Let's just say, my family loves my cooking ...
three notes in a row from three different people
said so!
On Presidents' Day, we went on family hike #2 of the year ...
we spent this beautiful winter day hiking 4 miles
in Heart's Content area near Warren PA.
(a tad bit easier than January's hike)
February ended with a snow storm!
But true to this polar-coaster winter, the 9+ inches of snow
started melting the next day...making it perfect
snow man and snow fort building snow ...
and great for a snowball battle!
And look what started blooming in my flower bed...
snowdrops in February!
World Geography Highlight
The kids and I start our morning together cuddled in
my bed reading our current chapter book.
There are so many great books to read!
This year, we are reading books that take place
where we are currently studying.
is helping me pick the books.
We just finished "visiting" Africa.
While visiting Africa, we read...
We love the peeks at life in other parts of the world
reading gives us!
After reading about the need for clean water
and knowing how great it is to have fresh well water,
the kids looked up Ryan's Well organization from
the book Ryan and Jimmy and started a donation jar
to put money in as a family to sponsor part
of a well.
Things I love in February and every day ...
reading, creating, God's creation,
my family, our traditions, and giving hearts!
No comments:
Post a Comment