Sunday, February 7, 2021

Hibernating in January

 

Happy New Year!

We started our new year with a hike on New Year's Day!

Being creative with scrap yarn making hats and slippers in December to donate inspired me to see what else I could make out of my scrap yarn. (pictured above sorted and rolled)

So knitting items to give out of my scrap yarn became one of my winter projects ...                            and Grace joined in. Here's what we've done so far!


Hats and Scarves for 3 more snowman kits


2 scarves to donate 


7 pair of slippers 

I plan to donate slippers, but also to keep some for our slipper basket. We have a slipper basket where we keep our slippers and I like to have extras for visitors to wear since we have hard wood floors.


My second winter project is scrapbooking!  I made beautiful scrapbooks for the kids when they were young but homeschooling has taken priority for the past 8 years and scrapbooks have been neglected.  This month, I've worked on getting organized, decide on a scrapbooking style that would be easier for me to stay on top of, and order pictures/new books. 

In Northwest PA, winter is a good time for inside projects!



Due to indoor entertainment being closed over the holidays, we weren't able to go bowling on New Year's Eve as a family.  But we got to go on MLK day and had the bowling alley all to ourselves!

We ended the month by celebrating my birthday!
Grace was so excited to make my birthday dessert.  My mom helped her and they made Andes Mint Chocolate Cupcakes. yum!


My favorite birthday gift are these beautiful, handmade quilted placemats that brighten up my kitchen table and radiate the love that was put into making them! ♥



A family from church recently asked what we've been up to ...
and I answered "hibernating"!
January has been a nice month of minimal going and lots of winter project time,
cuddling up with a blanket and a good book, bird watching, and warm drinks...

I hope you have had time to slow down as we start a new year!

1 comment:

Jo Anne said...

Wow. Just wow!!
Jo Anne