Friday, April 2, 2021

March update

 



This was a perfect puzzle to end our season of having
a puzzle table out and puzzle in the works!
I lost count of how many puzzles Grace put together this winter!


I finished up the scraps in my "slipper yarn" basket with these
last two pairs.  Can you tell the pair on the right was from all the 
tiny balls left?
I ended up knitting 14 pairs of slippers from scraps since January!

My other basket of "scarf and hat" yarn is still in the works,
but progress is slowing because spring is drawing me outside!


We celebrated Nathan's 15th birthday by a family outing.
We went to Erie for an afternoon of axe throwing
and a yummy meal at Quaker Steak and Lube.




Grace was not old enough to throw so us girls 
cheered the boys on.
They had a great time!
And, in fact, they are talking about building an
axe throwing target for here at home.









The next weekend, we helped the
Fish and Boat Commission stock trout
in Oil Creek ...I think this was our
10th year helping!


And after March Madness being canceled last year,
we were extra excited for our March Madness
family tradition ... all filling out brackets,
going to my mom's for the first weekend of the
tournament, watching 12+ hours of college 
basketball 4 days in a row, and eating fun food.

My bracket got busted pretty quick with Loyola beating Illinois!

And Grace and I worked on a couple special projects together this month.

The first was knitting 52 prayer squares so 
each resident at a local nursing home 
could be blessed with one.  We delivered them on Palm Sunday and
the staff was going to give them to the residents during Holy Week.





Our second project was making handmade
Easter cards to mail to a few special loved ones.
Grace used water colored pencils on the 
envelopes and cards adding a cross on the front.
Then inside, I added lyrics from a For King and 
Country Song titled "Matter".




To the One who spoke and set the sun ablaze.
To the One who stopped the storm and walked the waves.
To the One who took the tree so He could save.
YOU MATTER!

May these lyrics speak to your heart!

No comments: