...there was sickness, 6+ inches of rain, discouragement in truck search,
the death of a loved one and more.
BUT there was good because of God in our lives
and that is what I want to highlight!
I am so blessed by my husband and his relationships
with our children.
Matt and Grace can often be found cuddling watching
a nature program or sports
(they share a love for animals and sports) ...
playing a game of UNO, Phase 10 or Monopoly Deal
("smack talk" included)...
or down at our deer target practicing archery.
Matt and Nathan are hunting buddies.
Nathan LOVES going hunting with his dad.
Matt took him on a Jr. Pheasant Hunt in October.
Nathan brought home a pheasant and 5 chukars (like quail)
which we plan to cook for Thanksgiving dinner.
And they talk a lot about science ...
usually at the dinner table!
On one of the rainy Saturdays in October, Matt
built me a fire in our fireplace.
I enjoyed sitting in our rocking chair next to it
reading and crocheting!
Our apple trees had no apples this year
so we had resigned ourselves that we would
not be pressing fresh cider.
But we were invited to a cider pressing get together.
A friend had some apples and welcomed us
to come pick so the boys picked 3 bushel
as our contribution to the cider.
We were so blessed to come home with cider
to enjoy fresh, can and freeze from this event
when we expected to have none.
Our church was collecting winter coats, boots and accessories
in the month of October to give to those in the community
who are in need. Grace and I worked together
making these two sets of hat-scarf-mittens to donate.
On Fridays, Grace and I have been making handmade cards together
to send to people from church who are sick, lonely,
sad ...or just in need of some sunshine in the mailbox.
Sometimes we make handmade envelopes to match
the card, but lately Grace has been doodling on the
envelopes and it makes me smile!
And I've been digging through my teaching materials
from my days as a Kindergarten and First grade teacher...
pulling out beginning sound, word family stuff and more.
I've been helping homeschool families with Kindergarten
or First grade students who need a little extra help
with reading. I'm working with one sweet little girl once a week.
It has showed me that my passion for teaching reading is still strong!
A reminder that is often shared in our family ...
Even when there is a lot to complain about,
there is always something good.
Find that good and be thankful!


No comments:
Post a Comment