This month, we CELEBRATED Grace's 15th birthday
with roses from daddy...
an outing to paint pottery at
The Kilted Kiln in Meadville...
and a treat at Cup 'n Spoon FROYO bar...
Look at this fun sign Grace got 2 of for her birthday.
We put one at each end of our roadside property
because Grace's girls think they have the right of way!
We are LEARNING new homesteading skills.
We learned how to butcher chickens!
We got 25- 2yr old laying hens from a local farmer,
butchered them, cooked them down
getting 25 meals of shredded chicken
and 10 qts stock.
I've also been learning more about using herbs
plus wild flowers for teas and salves,
harvesting/preserving wild mushrooms,
and making apple cider vinegar.
Matt and Nathan red tag hunt for a local farmer.
They have not had much success in the past.
But two Fridays in a row this month,
they came home with a deer.
Above is some of the venison we canned.
We have canned, frozen, dried, put up in root cellar,
and have fermenting so much food. We have PREPARED.
I feel like Ma in Little House preparing for the Long Winter!
God has provided so much food for us to preserve.
I don't know what is coming, but I know God is faithful!

No comments:
Post a Comment