Saturday, March 19, 2011

Yummy Goodness of Pure Maple Syrup





Nathan, Grace and I joined some friends visiting a local Amish farm where we experienced good ol' maple sugaring! We checked the sap buckets and hung out in the sugar shack watching the sap be cooked making yummy maple syrup. We bought a gallon of the fresh syrup for $30 (you read that right!) and I canned it. (what a blessing!) If you are planning to come visit us, start dreaming about a cooked breakfast with this delicious syrup drizzled on top.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie,
I hadn't been to your blog in a while, but love catching up with what's going on with your family. We've talked a lot about maple sugar and syrup this winter (We are reading the Little House Series) and would love to be able to see it first hand. How fun!
Much Love,
Ashley in VA