
Both mornings of home visits, we assembled 3 wheelchairs to be delivered that day.
Grace "helped" Matt and Josh then got to pump up the wheels.

Our first visit today was to the home of Alicia, a 66 year old woman.
Her home was through this black door down a walkway with the shared bathroom at the end.
The kids and I stayed outside and I enjoyed time visiting with the woman to the right in the picture while Nathan and Grace gave gifts to the neighbors and played with the kids.
Matt was able to go into Alicia's home and share the Gospel with her.
He said her home was the size of our bathroom ... our bathroom!
Alicia was blessed with the wheelchair, Matt sharing the Gospel with her and Shauna praying for her!

We had plans to visit two homes of children after Alicia ... but God had other plans.
The children were not home, so....
We were able to take a wheelchair to sweet Jennifer ... God's plan.
I was able to bless Jennifer with a coloring book and crayons that our homeschool co-op
had sent with us and spend some time coloring with her. I loved it.
The best part of the visit with Jennifer was watching her father.
He was a handsome, stalky, tough looking Latino man ... and he was so touched by the gift of this wheelchair for his daughter that he cried ... he cried ... and hugged us with such an intense embrace of gratitude.




No comments:
Post a Comment