No surprise, my children love to create
and are givers!
I felt that they were old enough
to start making some of our
Christmas gifts.
Both kids and I loved the idea
of ornaments ...so ...
Grace and I picked Queen Ann's
Lace this summer and pressed it.
Then about a month ago, we
carefully pulled out the pressed
flowers, sprayed them with a
glitter then a polyurethane spray.
We let them dry then tied a string
on and put them between pieces of
cardboard for protection.
and we got ... Grace's "sparkly snowflake" ornaments
My mom handed down my brother's wood burning
kit and Nathan was super excited to try it out.
So ... when we had to have a large maple
tree cut down before it fell on our house this spring ...
Matt sawed one of the branches into slices for us.
Nathan drew a simple Christmas tree
tracing it on each piece of wood.
With our help, he used the wood burner.
Matt put eye hooks on and we
added a ribbon.
and here is Nathan's "tree" ornament
We had fun with these projects and have
already started looking at ornaments to make
next year ...
I can see this becoming a tradition!






1 comment:
I am always so inspired by your crafts, Angie. I can almost smell that wood Nathan carved. My kids will love doing that, we will have to find some suitable wood (no earlier-felled maples lying round here!).
And what a great idea to make ornaments like that using Queen Ann's Lace. You are so creative. It's lovely to see you sharing and passing on your gifts to your beautiful children.
Post a Comment